The BigCommerce settings page enables you to initially configure and update the connection between Brightpearl and BigCommerce, facilitating data synchronization between the two.
Tab 1 – Order Sync Setup:
- Enable & Sync Orders by Specific Statuses Only: This setting allows you to control the synchronization of orders by selecting specific statuses from BigCommerce. The integration will only sync those orders that match the selected statuses. These settings can be updated as needed.
As you scroll down on the same page, you also have the option to choose statuses for Brightpearl Sales Orders. The system will then sync only those orders to BigCommerce that match these selected statuses.
Select Default Values for Brightpearl Sales
Our system will utilize these default values while creating sales orders in Brightpearl.
Select a Brightpearl warehouse to reserve inventory for sales orders that the system will create.
Map Order Status Between BigCommerce and Brightpearl
Here, you can map the order statuses of BigCommerce and Brightpearl. Simply select the appropriate values from the dropdown menu. This mapping will assist our system in keeping the order status synchronized between both platforms.
Additionally, you can choose a default value for mapping, especially useful if you prefer not to map certain order statuses, as illustrated in the example below.
Enable or Disable Guest Customer’s Order Sync from BigCommerce to Brightpearl
Tab 2 - Items & Customers Configuration
Under the Items & Customers tab, you can configure the following settings:
Map Unique ID Field of Product Between Platforms:
- By default, the system uses the SKU as the unique identifier across platforms, and this is the recommended approach.
Automate Customer Creation:
- This option enables automatic creation of customer records. If set to “ON,” and an order is received from a customer whose email is not already in the system, our integration will automatically create a new customer record in Brightpearl.
Note: If the email already exists in the system, we will update the customer's details with any new information provided.
Tab 3 - Fulfillment Setup
Under the Fulfillment tab, you can set up the following:
Set the Trigger for Shipment Sync from Brightpearl to BigCommerce:
There are two types of triggers available, allowing you to select one based on your business process:
a) Sales Order Status Update: If this trigger is selected, you need to choose a status at which the integration should initiate the sync of Shipment/Fulfillment information into BigCommerce.
b) Goods Out Note Created: Selecting this trigger means that whenever a Goods Out Note is created and marked as shipped against a sales order, the integration will begin syncing shipment information to BigCommerce (applicable only for orders sourced from BigCommerce). This option also supports partial shipments.
Map the Shipping Method Between BigCommerce and Brightpearl
When a shipment is synced from Brightpearl to BigCommerce, our system will use the mapped values selected here. You can also set a default value that will be used each time a shipment is synced.
Note: If you leave the mapping blank, the shipment method selected in Brightpearl will be transferred as-is to the BigCommerce shipment.
Tab 4 – Notes Configuration
Under the Notes tab, you can configure the following:
Enable 2-Way Sync of Order Notes Between Platforms:
- Select custom fields where Customer and Staff notes from orders will be sent between BigCommerce and Brightpearl.
Tab 5 – Payment Settings
Under the Payments tab, you can enable payment synchronization from BigCommerce to Brightpearl.
Once enabled, you can choose whether to sync payments that have not been marked as 'Captured' from BigCommerce to Brightpearl.
Map Payment Methods or Select a Default Payment Method:
- This feature allows you to map payment methods between the systems, ensuring that the correct payment method is used when creating payments in BigCommerce.
Tab 6 – Inventory Synchronization
Under the Inventory tab, you can enable inventory sync from Brightpearl to BigCommerce.
After enabling this feature, you will need to select one or more warehouses from which the inventory levels will be reflected in BigCommerce.